Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a cavalier spanial. He is 5. I have had m since he

Customer Question

I have a cavalier king charles spanial. He is 5. I have had him since he was a puppy. He growls at us when we try to pet him when he is on the couch or bed. It is a dominance and territorial behavior. We have tried to order him to get down without touching him then ignoring him. It doesnt work, and has been getting worse
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Camden
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Camden?
Customer: Hes otherwise sweet and cuddly but on his terms
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

When he is around people does he act frightened or shy away?

If he has a toy, bone or his food can you take it away from him without incident?

What type of training has he had and what commands does he know?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he is frightened and shoes away. He doesn't play with toys at all, he went through puppy training for basic commands. He hates being yelled at and gets very submisive if yelled at
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't want free answer cancel my request I don't want to pay 19$ that ridiculous
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Okay I am in the middle of my answer, so you do not wish to pay for services?