Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

I have a beautiful 20 months old German Shepherd girl. As

Customer Question

Hi I have a beautiful 20 months old German Shepherd girl. As she is getting older she is less destructive but now my problem is, she has found her voice and barks. I don't want to get the Ranger to come to our place. I have tried the barking collar with citronella and the collar where she is hearing a high noise but it does not seem to be working. What else can I do.
I am also looking for a trainer who can help me get her to walk better. She listens to basic commands. We live on the South Coast in the Batemans Bay area. Of course I am prepared to pay for services rendered. I just want a happy dog which does not bark so often. Please help me! Regards ***** ***** Malua Bay
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay the following information:

1. What sets off her barking episodes? (animal, people, knocks on the door, etc)?
  2. Where is she when most of the barking occurs (in home, outside, on a leash with you, in the car, etc.)?
  3. Is she doing it mostly when you are not within her sight, or does she do it when you are with her as well?