Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have quite a tricky situation right now with one of my

Customer Question

I have quite a tricky situation right now with one of my dogs. She is a 7 year old schnauzer and has always been as sweet as can be. She loves my entire family (although she only lives at home with my and my other dog). She always loved my dad and couldn't get enough of him when he was with her. He has suffered a few health issues such as a heart condition and hearing loss that resulted in having to get a cochlear implant on one side. Without warning, she will no longer go near him. If he comes over to my house she will quickly run to see him with her tail wagging,then she runs upstairs to get away from him. If I talk to him on speaker phone and she hears his voice, she leaves the room. Once, we took a short car ride with him and she kept trying to hide. He has never been anything but sweet and loving to her and is heartbroken that she no longer can be around him. Have you ever heard of anything like this happening before?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Kristen. You most certainly do have a tricky situation here.

Has your dad tried any variety of situations in turning the sound processor off on the CI to see if this changes the response to the dog?