Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog is 6 yrs old and over the past year has become very

Customer Question

My dog is 6 yrs old and over the past year has become very paranoid and moody he barks and even trys going after you without biting if you move to quickly or change position what can this be
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Midnight
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Midnight?
Customer: He has always been scared of things like his going to close to his doggy bowl and plastic bags we got him from a shelter when he was about six weeks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 11 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Are you saying he is scared of his own food bowl?

He is scared of plastic bags?

You have had him since he was a little pup?

What breed is he?

How much obedience training have you done with him?

Does he have any known medical issues?

Is he neutered?