Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My son's poodle/Shitzu had always been very loving toward

Customer Question

My son's poodle/Shitzu had always been very loving toward both my son and his wife.
But after a 2-week vacation trip during which the dog stayed with me and my larger dog, (where he got along just fine and I spoiled him as his mom & dad do) his dog has, ever since they returned, been fine with his wife but very unaffectionate and even aggressive to my son. He now growls at him often and has bitten him twice. This is a huge change in behavior and of course his has been very upsetting. We thought the dog would re-adjust soon but this has now been continuing for 3 months.
Any ideas? They are now planning on neutering him in hopes of correcting this new aggressive behavior.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 6 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

How old is the dog?

Who feeds the dog and takes him for walks?

What obedience training has he had?