Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

My 7 month old vizsla stil pees and in the house. She will

Customer Question

My 7 month old vizsla stil pees and poops in the house. She will go outside, but if we let her roam the house for a second she will sneak off to our family room/dining room and pee and poop. There are a few other places she will sneak off to do her business as well. She will do this even when the door to our backyard is open. This only happens during the day when we are home with her. She can hold it all night when sleeping. When we leave her during the day for an extended period of time we shut her in our office instead of couping her up in a kennel. She's started to destroy the office but we feel bad making her stay in a kennel for hours at a time. Anyway the real problem is trying to get her to stop peeing and pooing in our house when we are home with her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ginger
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ginger?
Customer: Not really, she's very sweet and active. She just needs some discipline. She jumps over our sofa all the time, and jumps on people. I know that common for her crazy breed. We had a weimaraner for 14 years and he was the same way. We are working on disciplining her, but I feel like she's too old to be peeping and pooping in the house.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

What have you tried so far to stop it?

When you find she has had an accident what do you do?