Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a 12 mth old pure bred staffy who has chewed a hole

Customer Question

I have a 12 mth old pure bred staffy who has chewed a hole in the lounge room carpet 3 times in the SAME SPOT. I have reprimanded & smacked her when I caught her doing it the first time & put ground pepper down BUT she has gone back to the exact same spot and chewed a hole.She is fully aware of what she has done as she avoids that spot and slinks away from it when we are in the room. PLEASE HELP
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 7 months ago.
Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. Does she do it when you are in the room?Does she do it when you are home but not in the room?What chew toys does she have?Are all her toys down all the time?Is ground pepper the only thing you have tired?Is this the only carpet she goes for?What is under the lounge? Such as a basement, crawl space, etc?