Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs

My foster dog attacks my dogs(all Cavaliers)even over a food

Customer Question

My foster dog attacks my dogs(all Cavaliers)even over a food wrapper. I try to keep them all separated when it comes to food but I got angry with my foster Cavalier this morning when he attacked my dog over a food wrapper that fell on the floor. I lost my temper and literally three him in the dark laundry room. I am very ashamed, but still angry with him. I am too angry to coddle him and do all the positive reinforcement stuff. He has attacked all of my four Cavaliers atleast once and one of them is really scared now. But I am still angry at him.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 6 months ago.
Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. How long have you had the foster dog?What methods are you supposed to be using to help with the food aggression?Have you been obedience training him?Is he neutered yet?What have you tried so far? It is late here so I'll probably respond in the morning so the more detail you can give me the better I'll be able to help you.