Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

We have a 6 month old recently desexed female English Staffy

Customer Question

We have a 6 month old recently desexed female English Staffy with a beautiful personality but she seems to have a fear of water ie beach, lake and even rain. She came from the reputable country breeder so probably hasn't had a lot of experience with water or even rain. She actually barks at the rain.
Do you have a method for us to dispel this fear. As we live near and regularly visit the beach and lakedge and we hope we have more rain after this long hot spell.
Thank you
Kaye Moss
Lake Munmorah NSW
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 8 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

How long have you owned Stella?

If you have had her since she was a pup, have you given her baths?

Have you taken her for walks regularly?

Was she an inside or outside dog when at the breeder?

What have you tried so far?

I forgot to ask what she does when confronted by water?

Hi. Perhaps you didn't get my earlier response to you. I posted as soon as I saw your question.

How long have you owned Stella?

Have you taken her for walks regularly?

What have you tried so far?