Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My dog Sadie is 2 years old she is an Australian Shepherd

Customer Question

My dog Sadie is 2 years old she is an Australian Shepherd golden retriever and chow mix. She's very sweet and lovable with people that she knows or that she has met through her puppy hood but she really hasn't been very socialized. she will not let anybody she does not know into my home. I just went through a recent breakup I have to move at the end of the month. And the way it looks right now I need to get a roommate. I had my potential roommate come over to the house and he loves dogs but he was afraid of her. she barks growls shows her teeth and is nippy. I've been watching Caesar since I got her to make sure I was doing the right thing, but obviously I'm not. I really really really need help. I don't have a lot of money right now because when I went through my break up I happen to lose my job at the same time and then I learned I had to move in a month, I know my confidence level is low right now. Can you please help???
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today

Can you tell me please what have you done so far?

Does she back away from people at first until she gets used to them and then she is okay with them? How long does it take for her to become used to people?

I would advise staying away from the method of training you are currently watching.

Hi Susan , the site shows you as being offline. If you could answer the questions above when you have the time I will be happy to help you through this.