Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

We, my wife and I, have a shitzu that is pure bred, maybe to

Customer Question

We, my wife Becky and I, have a shitzu that is pure bred , maybe to pure , that attacks people including us on occasion 😟 he may be developing alzheimers 😟 we have used herbal and prescription medications with little success 😟 we would prefer not to pull his teeth but are at a loss 😕
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What medications have been used?

Has he had any obedience training?

Is he neutered?

How long has he been doing this?

Why do you think he may have alzheimers? Does he ask to go out and want back in without doing anything or vice versa?

Is he eliminating in the house?

Does he seem to not know people that he used to know?

does he have any clouding of the eyes?

Is he responsive to spoken commands?

Perhaps you didn't receive this response.

e

Hi JaCustomer,

What medications have been used?

Has he had any obedience training?

Is he neutered?

How long has he been doing this?

Is he eliminating in the house?

does he have any clouding of the eyes?

Is he responsive to spoken commands?