Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

We rescued a Weimaraner. She was found full of milk, skin

Customer Question

We rescued a Weimaraner. She was found full of milk, skin and bones and a broken rear leg. The people who found her nursed her back to health. I have raised Weimers since 1969 but now have a Weimer with separation anxiety and we have a motor home. We dearly love her but do not want to get kicked out of any motor home parks because our dog misses us and barks. I have a bark collar but hesitate to use it because of her abuse. HELP!
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this problem.....separation anxiety is very common and generally responds to a combination of medication along with behavioral reconditioning. I would take Dixie to a vet and have them prescribe some clomipramine for her as this generally works pretty well for this problem. Then I would suggest that you visit this website:

http://throughadogsear.com/

Here you will find various programs for all sorts of problems that dog's have. With the program will come Cd's with nstructions on how to deal with each particular problem. It is a wonderful resource. Combining this and the medication with some work and patience and you should be able to get her on the right track.

I hope this helps you but please let me know if you have additional questions as I will check my computer tonight.

Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated.Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.
Hi Maryann Etter,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Dixie Rose. How is everything going?
Dr B