Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My frenchie is 15 months old, pretty alpha, has been

Customer Question

my frenchie bitch is 15 months old, pretty alpha, has been socialized very well with other dogs since she was a puppy, but lately when i'm walking her on the lease she is becoming aggressive, very possessive of me, any suggestions to curb this behavior?
Category: Dog Training
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

I will need to ask you some questions about what you are seeing to help me come up with a plan of action. I do see that you are offline which is fine. When you have a free moment you can answer the questions below and I will get back to you when I am online again tomorrow.

Is she spayed?

What makes you think she is alpha?

Why do you thing she is possessive, is it because she acts out when walking on leash?

Is she possessive over other items she values?

You said she was socialized as a puppy, how often do you train her in obedience?

Is she still socialized in any type of forum, day car , dog park, etc. and if so how does she respond to other dogs?

Please tell me what you do when you are walking her and she acts out.