Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

We have a friend who has a 5 year old Springer Spaniel. Our

Customer Question

We have a friend who has a 5 year old Springer Spaniel. Our friend is very gruff with the dog. She has biten her a few times so she has decided the dog has Springer Rage. When we r around this Dog is sweet, and extremely happy to see us. She has never shown any aggression with us.
She reported the last bite so her dog is in quarantine and is scheduled to be euthanized in 6 days. We have 2 very sweet Dobermans and we would take her but we r concerned if she does have rage that she would attack us or our dogs.
How does one know if she truly has rage and can anything be done to save this very sweet, high energy dog?
The owner is 72 and really doesn't like the dog. She & her husband got it and he just died 6 months ago and she was "his" girl.
We r 71 & 60 & have had Dobermans for over 30 years and all our dogs have been sweet.
We feel "Zoe" is happy to see us because we represent love.
Can u help us?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 12 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help you. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Have you ever had her Springer around your dogs?

Does Zoe seem to like other dogs?