Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My puppy continues to act like a total lunatic when someone

Customer Question

My puppy continues to act like a total lunatic when someone comes over to the house. I very seldom have visitors so I took that into account and the fact that he is 6 months old. Being a golden retriever mix he now weighs 30 pounds and is close to the same size as my other golden retriever mix, Medium size dog. He has good manners otherwise. He can come, sit, lay, stay, walks on the treadmill and will get into the bathtub when asked. But he goes into crazy mode when someone else is in the house. What can I do to teach him that this behavior is unacceptable.
Category: Dog Training
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am very dedicated to resolving this issue. And I make sure he has plenty of exercise. He does have a little stubborn streak though, but comes around. He is very rough with my other dog, bullying him to play. Just to let you know he is not perfect. Trying to fix that problem also. When he goes into the crate for biting he is very subdued he will wait patiently until released. When he goes in the crate for acting like a lunatic when someone is here, he barks continuously and tries to get out.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Can you tell me what type of training you do with him? Also how often?

When someone comes over what is their reaction when he acts like this?

What is your reaction at the moment he acts out?

Does the dog like his stuffed toys or any toy such as a ball?

IF you would like to discuss this over the phone I can offer you the additional services at the lowest possible price. Sometimes talking it out helps more. We have all been stuck in a situation with our dogs and talking it out sometimes finds an easy solution:) Just let me know what you want to do.