Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

Why is my 4 year old German Wirehaired dog so unpredictable?

Customer Question

Why is my 4 year old German Wirehaired dog so unpredictable? Everyone is afraid of her. She barks at every stranger and charges at them. I am afraid she will bite someone some day. She even charges at my grandchildren when they my bedroom. She is very protective of me. Should have her put to sleep?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 10 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Did you do the training at her classes?

Did she take 3 training courses or attend just 3 classes in obedience?

How long have you owned her?

How often do you work with her formally on obedience? I'm not talking about giving her commands during the day but a specific 10-15 minute period of time where you practice commands.

How old are the children she has regular contact with?