Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I got Nash from a Craigslist add about 6 months ago and

Customer Question

I got Nash from a Craigslist add about 6 months ago and everything was going fine until about a month ago. In the last month he is soiling everywhere in my house. He does not try to hide it. Yesterday and this morning after being outside for an hour, plenty of time, he walked right up to me and landed a dog mine right in front of me. When I discipline him, putting his face near the pile telling him no sternly, it just seems to fuel his misbehavior further. He was already 3 when I got him and sinse I got him he seems to have been beaten in the past for he wets himself when being discipline him, shakes and flinches when I move. I've never seen a dog do this before. It almost seems deliberat but my research says that may not be the case. He is very intelegent but likes to play stupid when going through his routine commands which he is rewarded with treats when he listens. He seems bullheaded for a half blue healer half Australian Shepherd, which is the same mix as my other dog, a female named Ah'Kasha. I have no problems with her whatsoever and have raised her from 8 weeks old and she just turned 2. The lady I reseaved Nash from told me from the get go that she fed him human food, a practice I do not allow. She also mentioned she was letting him go because he bit her new husband and he has nipped at me when he is being disciplined. Not aggressively but in fear but I don't know what to do. I cannot allow this kind of behavior for I can't afford to lay hardwood flooring every few months. He has been to a local vet who says its not a medical problem. He has tasks being a working breed that if he doesn't feel like doing he will just lay there and ignor me until I approach him where he just rolls over and wets himself further as if to tell me "I'm not doing it even though your in charge" and he does know what I want for the took to these tasks right away as if he instinctively knew what to do but now is increasingly defiant about anything I ask as if he is trying to tell me something but doesn't know how. I want to keep him and I want to help him but I need him to obey me and have consequences when he doesn't. I had him checked for bowel disorders among other possible answers to no avail. I have come to love him and want him to do good even though he seems to have lost interest in doing good alltogether. I don't know what to do and the local humain society told me that because he has bitten in the past they would just put him down. I talked to them to see if there were any behavioral services in the area which I was also told because he has bitten in the past they would not work with him and they primarily deal with show dogs and not work breeds. Please, any information is better than none. I appreciate your time and consideration in a response.
Category: Dog Training
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 11 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

What obedience training have you done with him?

Is he neutered?

Is your female spayed?