Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

A newly rescued chihuahua puppy twice now has attached one

Customer Question

A newly rescued chihuahua puppy twice now has attached one of our original rescued chihuahuas. Vet, etc. have kept her separated to heal etc. today she wanted out of bedroom but when I did so I went outside for a minute. Heard screaming and ran back inside. She had been attacked again. Worse. Much worse. Blood and poop and pee everywhere. Awful. But this time one of other dogs (chihuahuas) joined in---I believe so as it had blood on her too. What to do????????? I'm sick over it. Is the new one doomed? What about the other.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

It sounds like the three may not be a good fit. How did you initially do the greetings between all the dogs? Is it the two resident dogs attacking the new dog or vise versa?

How long have you had the new dog?

How long have you had the resident dogs?

Do you train each daily in obedience?