Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I purchased a Chinese Crested powder puff age 14 months from

Customer Question

I purchased a Chinese Crested powder puff age 14 months from a breeder. I had same breed as a rescue dog and he was a wonderful pet who died of liver cancer. This new one is driving me crazy. He has no interest in learning new behaviors, short attention span, gets manic at times, has copraphagia or else relieves himself in the house despite being taken out several times and has a dog door which he uses but never for potty. He is always hungry. I have had dogs all of my long life and never have encountered behavior like this. Is there any help for this dog? I have had him for two months now.
Barbara Schuerman
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I can understand the frustration having over 30 dogs it is amazing how different each one is!

Can you tell me if you met the parents of the dog and did you see where the dog was kept?

What type of training do you do for obedience?

Are you using a potty command and giving a special treat when taking the dog out?