Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

We brought home a 1yr 6 month old papillon mix rescue dog.

Customer Question

We brought home a 1yr 6 month old papillon mix rescue dog. We have 3 other dogs: Lucky, a shitzu who is 12 yrs old, a Oscar, a Japanese Chin mix who is 6 yes old, and Disco who is a hound mix. All are rescue dogs and Disco is the only girl. All but Disco
are small. Disco weighs around 75 pds. Our new little papillon,spencer weighs 6 lbs is having an issue with aggressiveness. He is continually biting Disco's legs and has tried to bite my daughter. Most of the time he seems sweet but what should we do to to
nip this troubling behavior in the bud? Thank you
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Do you notice if there are toys, bones, food or other dog items laying around when this happens?

What precedes each bite?

Does the dog run out to greet people or does it shy away at first when approached?

Is the dog allowed on furniture?

What commands does the dog know and how often do you work with training the dog?

What have you tried so far?