Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Dog breeder/Trainer and Behaviorist 18+ years
2361900

My dog bites. I have m on a leash right beside me and he

Customer Question

my dog bites. I have him on a leash right beside me and he will all of sudden jump and bite whoever is in a few feet. We just moved & the office manager was doing a walk through with me. I put my dog on a leash just to make sure he stayed away from the woman. When I bent over my dining room table he jumped up bit her on the leg right through her work pants and then actually bruised my leg in the back with his teeth on the way back to the ground. This is not the first time hes behaved like this. Unfortunately he bit one of the movers on moving day-didn't break the skin but scared him and me and my husband who was holding him then. Do I need to muzzle him all the time we are around other people? It scares me, the other people involved-even though I warn them to watch out because hes unpredictable. Help-I am very scared hes going to hurt someone very badly & he looks like such a sweet dog. He is part ***** *****, part Chihauha, and part Weiner dog. He is sweet to me and my husband but that's about it.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

How old is your boy?

Is he neutered?

What obedience training has he had?

Is he using stairs normally?

It sounds like he is jumping normally?