Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Service /assistance dog trainer,Therapy dog evaluator and trainer, AKC evaluator, pet first aide and member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

We just adopted an Australian Shepard. He is purebred, male,

Customer Question

We just adopted an Australian Shepard. He is purebred, male, and just turned 7. Our problem is that he gets extremely aggressive towards my husband when we are together. He has bitten him once. He is fine with either of us alone. He also has shown aggression toward other people when out on walks. We may have to give him back if we cannot solve this
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

What have you tried so far?

What type of training do you do with the dog?

Do you notice that the dog gets antsy when it has a bone or food, or can you take that away from the dog anytime?

What is your husband's reaction when the dog acts like this ?

When you say he shows aggression to others on walks, do you mean he barks and lunges at them?

Would you say he shies away from people at first or will he go right up to meet new people?

How long have you had the dog?