Lisa
Lisa, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  CVT with a special interest in behavior modification through structure, boundaries and limitations with positive reinforcement.
10413311

My grandson has a mix yorkie/shishu who is 7 yrs old. A very

Customer Question

My grandson has a mix yorkie/shishu who is 7 yrs old. A very smart little guy. Both he & his wife work full time and leave the dog alone all day. They have put up a baby gate in the kitchen and that's where he spends his day. They put down pee pads for him to use & he does use them but then tears them to shreds and when they come home he smells like a sewer!!! They have been in this home for 6 weeks now and it's driving them both nuts knowing what they will see when they get home in the evening. They have been married for a year and he started this right before they moved. What can they do????
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Does he use the bathroom outside when they're home?

Is he crate trained at all?

Do they leave food/water out for him while they're gone?

What are they cleaning the mess with?

Does he ever destroy things when they're home?