Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My almost 3 year old Golden Retriever suffers everyday

Customer Question

My almost 3 year old Golden Retriever suffers everyday anxiety. Was taken from mom too soon. I am looking for a natural way to help her. She has rescue remedy in her water daily which helps a little but she does have panic attacks. My vet just passed away last month and we feel her anxiety is getting worse.
Category: Dog Training
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has a behavior problem too where I think drugs could make that worse. She has always like the Alpha dog with me but lately if we want her to do something she doesn't want to she has growled and nipped at us. Does not happen everyday.
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
JaCustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
I know you state she has everyday anxiety, but in order to have an idea of how to help, I do need to know exactly what she does that makes you think she has an anxiety order?
Where is she ripping her hair out from?
What obedience training has she had?
How much time is the household willing to put into correcting her issues?
What has been tried already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry not trying to be mean here but I wanted a response from a vet as I stated, my vet passed away unexpectedly last month and I'm looking for a natural solution to calm her anxiety. I already have a behavior trainer and I do not feel I should be charged the $21 I'm paying when I'm not getting the answer from the vet like I wanted. I have a wonderful behavior trainer that she has seen since she first came home with us. Is there anyway I can get my money back? I would like a response from a vet. No offense to you.
JaCustomer,
No offense taken. However, I would get a new trainer if your current trainer has not addressed your dog's aggression issues. I will opt out and see if a VET wishes to pick up the question. Good luck.