Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I currently have 4 dogs, two of them are prone to fight with

Customer Question

I currently have 4 dogs, two of them are prone to fight with each other causing injuries. One is a 3 yr old Jindo, the other is a 7 yr old. Blue Heeler/Lab. Both are fixed females. They sleep together, go for long walks together and go on back road runs together without inncident. Last night, after an hour & a half walk off leash, Macoli (the Jindo) tried to play with our other female when Shadow (the Blue Heeler/Lab) ran over to them with her head & tail held high and tried to stop the play. Macoli retaliated & the fight was on. This is the second time in a month and a half I've had to take Shadow to the vet because of it. It happens fast but doesn't all the time. Shadow doesn't like anyone playing and is a bit of a bully. I need help.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Have Shadow and Macoli always lived together?

Does it seem that Shadow is always the instigator?

Have they always had this kind of interaction?

Are any of the dogs crate trained?

When Shadow acts up, how do you address it?

Have they ever been to obedience classes?