Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a problem with my Chihuahua/corgi mix dog. I've had

Customer Question

I have a problem with my Chihuahua/corgi mix dog. I've had her three months, she was apparently potty trained with we brought her home. She is sweet loving and we adore her. All of a sudden about a month ago she started peeing in the house every night. I took her to the vet who did not find any bladder infection. Then one night she got sick throwing up all over the place. Took her back to an emergency vet, who administered fluids and kept her for a day. She didn't eat for two days, but was calm and did not appear in distress. She then resumed her regular eating habits and we have had three days of normal behavior and three nights no peeing in the house. Except this morning when I was gone and my mother wasn't up yet, she peed on the floor, in the usual place. It's tile, so clean up isn't the issue as much as we are concerned by the behavior. She is extremely sensitive to sounds and always seems to recoil at any little thing. She was a rescue, who had been returned two times to the rescue, supposedly for not getting along with children. I have no idea what to do.
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Is she crate trained at all?

Does she always seem to act out when she feels like she's alone?

Has she ever been to obedience classes at all?

Does she enjoy meeting new people?

Does she strike you as a nervous or anxious dog?