Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I am trying to find answers why my aussie attacks my husband.

Customer Question

I am trying to find answers why my aussie attacks my husband. One minute she is loving to him, the next she attacks him. How to I fix this?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today What is going on at the time these attacks happen? Meaning what is your husband doing with the dog at the time?Where are you when this happens?Is this a new thing?How long have you had the dog and where did you get the dog from? Please give me some specifics of a couple of times that this has happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today he just sat in the chair and opened a bottle of water. I am in my office in a back room. I thought it was because she hates the lawn mower and the vaccum (he uses it at times) but usually when he has something in his hands. This has been going on for 6 months or so. I have had her since she was a puppy at 8 weeks old and she does have a fear of other dogs but loves people. She will not bother him while other people are around. The grandkids can fall all over her, play with her, etc. But she went after him when he got a ladder out. She went after him when he banged a lid on a counter. Then she loves on him and plays ball with him like he is apple pie in her eyes.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I cannot see any of your repsonses
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
There seems to be a common denominator here and that is that something may be in his hands when the dog become dfensive