Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

22 month old Polish Lowland Sheepdog (herder-protector) with

Customer Question

22 month old Polish Lowland Sheepdog (herder-protector) with a host of growing-up issues including leash reactivity, inappropriately-aggressive dog park behavior and corprophagia...although the latter seems to be waning somewhat. Current issue is "prey"
reactivity....he will go right thru his Invisible Fence to go after birds. He will attempt to climb shrubs. He seems to be obsessed with them in trees...even though they're all over the place here. This morning he killed another dove....going thru the Invisible
Fence, nailing it and carrying it like a cat with a mouse to the yard. Got him away from it and disposed of it. He's a wonderful pet otherwise ! Any ideas ???
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Once a dog goes through an invisible fence there is nothing that will stop that. They have learned that the drive is more rewarding and over shadows any negativity it gets from the fencing. I have seen this many times.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
You will need to put up a physical barrier or be outside with him on a long lead to prevent him from running of, unless when you are with him he has a good firm recall. IF not you will need to start from the beginning with recall training and most definitely the leave it command