Sally G.
Sally G., Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Service /assistance dog trainer,Therapy dog evaluator and trainer, AKC evaluator, pet first aide and member of PAS Animal Response Team.
3570977

Can you recommend a dog training company in the San Diego area

Customer Question

Can you recommend a dog training company in the San Diego area that boards and trains? Or trains during the day and then the dog is home nights and weekends? Also, is there a method of training you prefer?
I am a 71 year old lady with slightly limited mobility. My dog is a 6 month old King Charles Cavalier. I need her potty training skills refined and other basic commands, come, sit, heel, no bark, etc.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Mary
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you today. There are places you can take you dog to, but the trainers here would not know of them personally to recommend them. In order to recommend them, we would have to know how they train and look into their facility. Since non of us live in San Diego it would be hard to do. Personally I do not care for sending a dog out to be trained because you are not there to watch it and so you never know how they are really treating your dog. Also you have to know how to give commands to the dog properly or any training they do may work for them but not you. That being said, I did find a place that does dog boarding and training if you would like to check them out. They are the Golden Paw Per resort and their site says they were voted number one in San Diego. Although I am not sure if it is for boarding, day care or training. It is just a site and anyone can put any claim on their own website. Here is the link http://www.thegoldenpaw.net/dog-training-san-diego/?gclid=CjwKEAjwlPOsBRCWq5_e973PzTgSJACMiEp2oejmoY4J0rwNKgtkzbacRh08bZEcUWU2sBYj_LkASxoCArfw_wcB If you want to try a trainer to come to your home so you can see how things are done then I would pick from one of these trainers in your area. Because they do clicker training , it means they are a positive reward training group. clicker trainershttps://www.karenpryoracademy.com/find-a-trainer
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
This site will also have trainers listed by area and are usually use a reward based method. APDT https://apdt.com/trainer-search/#anc_ZipCodeSearch
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
IF you have found this helpful please do not forget to rate before you leave , if you need more help then do not rate but come back and ask your question here.