Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a Tibetan Mastiff that is protective of food and growls

Customer Question

I have a Tibetan Mastiff that is protective of food and growls at the other dogs when they only pass by in my home. She is extremely overprotective of the home. With me and my wife the dog is very playful and responds to our disciplining. However I am concerned about the safety of my other dogs. When company co.rd to our home she must be muzzled she most often will growl. Do n or want to give the dog up but not sure how to correct this and at this point I am not sure she can be turned around at 11/2 yrs old
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to ensure I give you the best advice possible...Is she spayed?Has she ever been to obedience classes at all?Is she crate trained?Does she act aggressively towards your other dogs?Does she ever act up towards you or your wife?How much exercise is she getting daily?Does she only act up in the house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She (Willow) is not sprayed. They get to run in yard and field morning and evening when I get home. She had ran off to neighbors and played with other dogs fine. However she plays with my berner Gus if she plays to hard he will go after her and she submits. The yellow lab. Ruger is scared to death of her she will growl at him if she is laying and he will look for alternate route to avoid her and at times she will corner him and growl.She is 11/2 yrs old. I am afraid when she attacks him it seems to excite my berner and he joins in with her a tracking my old lab. Then it's tough for me to get them off of him. Afraid to leave them alone together
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes only in the house. I am afraid to lose you I am not comp. savy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I see your response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention no obedience class. Never crate trained