Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I have a real problem. My son and his girlfriend came home

Customer Question

I have a real problem. My son and his girlfriend came home from Az a couple of years ago and had to stay with us over the Christmas holidays with their Staffie. While Cain is a loving dog to humans; is not fixed and when he came into our house to see our two dogs; both male; one fixed and one not the two unfixed males got into a huge fight. Our lab got injured. The other dog; a border collie mix kind of got into it with them but didn't fight too much. It was a nightmare. Now tomorrow they're coming to spend a couple of days and have to bring their staffie and another they have; a german shepard fixed female. My older dog; the lab (not fixed one) has died so we only have the one border collie.
How do I make this not a blood bath? Patch our border collie will remember the Staffie Cain. How do we stop the fights? Can we? They also have a son who's two and is really comfortable with all dogs (maybe too comfortable in this case). I see territorial issues all over the place. I would never let my grandson be in a difficult situation but how do I keep everyone reasonably happy and safe?? Help!
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...
Are any of the dogs crate trained?
Is it possible to keep them all seperated?
How long will they be staying?