Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My new dog bit me today.he is a year and a half old blue merle

Customer Question

my new dog bit me today.he is a year and a half old blue merle collie. sweet ,trained and lovable. when he bit me there was no growling...more of an excited jumpy thing...anyway, he took quite a chunk of skin off my arm.We have only had him for a week and adopted him from an older couple who loved him very much and they spent a lot of money on training, doggie daycare etc. How can we stop him from doing this again?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.
What was happening at the time of the bite? Were you playing? Where were you in relation to the dog? (meaning were you on the floor, standing etc>)
What was going on just before the bite?
Do you think it was a play bite?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
The site is showing that you have gone offline and I will be going off for the night as well. If possible when you have time please go into as much detail as possible and tell me what you know of the training of the dog from the former owners.
I will be back on line tomorrow morning and will be notified of your reply. I would be inclined to believe that the dog is in an adjustment period since it has only been a week and we can discuss that tomorrow as well:)