Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

My 8 month old Chocolate Lab is aggressive towards me. Not

Customer Question

My 8 month old Chocolate Lab is aggressive towards me. Not anyone else not other animals , just me. At the end of my rope with him. What can I do to stop this?
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. Hi I am sorry, your requested Expert has been unable to respond, I will be working with other Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Camille - Mod
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 2 years ago.
JaCustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or repy, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply. I hope you can be patient.
Is he neutered?
What training methods are used? Is it treat based, object based, etc.?
Was the electronic collar fitted properly by a staff member?
Who is handling the dog during training?
How much time do you spend with training each week?
You say it is only you, who else is in the household?
Can you describe a few instances of him being aggressive toward you such as what is going on before it happens, during and after?