Pawsitivtrainr
Pawsitivtrainr, Dog Trainer
Experience:  35+ years Training Dogs
43433232

I adopted a very submissive Corgi mix rescue last December.

Customer Question

Hello: I adopted a very submissive Corgi mix rescue last December. We moved to a new home three months ago, and he is suddenly living outdoors except when I'm in bed asleep, when he will come indoors to sleep. When I get up in the morning, he jumps off the couch and goes back outside. When I try to call him in through the dog flap during the day (I work from home), he will simply stare at me through the sliding glass door, but will not come in, and when I go outside to try to bring him in, he runs away, then rolls over submissively when I draw near.
What's going on here? He's still very friendly; he wags his tail when he sees me, and will take treats right out of my hand.
Thanks!
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...
Did you move to a new area where the weather is different?
Other than the move, have there been any changes in the home?
How old is he?