Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  Dog breeder/Trainer and Behaviorist 16+ years

How do i train my dog for diabetes alertness?

Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 9 months ago.
HiCustomer
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
.
I haven't personally trained a diabetes alert dog. However there are quite a few organizations that offers Dabetes alert dogs and several do have instructions on training your own dog for this. The National Institute for Diabetes Alert Dogs offers videos on how to train your own dog which should be helpful to you. See that here:
.
You might find a service that will also come out and train your dog for this such as this one.
.
I hope that the first site I gave you gives you the information you needed to train your own dog for this purpose. I hope you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have .
.

Jane Lefler, Animal Behaviorist
Experience: Dog breeder/Trainer and Behaviorist 16+ years

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?