Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years experience as a veterinarian dealing with dogs.
14018973

ok he can hold his urine ALL night and that is an incredable

ok he can hold his urine ALL night and that is an incredable amount first, thing in the morning, so how come he goes in the house sometimes during the day...he will gently let me know he has to go out but will use the paper sometimes
Category: Dog Training
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
That is great that he's holding his ladder all night! That shows you that physically he can do this. During the day, sometimes isn't as easy to hold it as long though. If he's playing and being active, he may not want to let you know he needs to go out and just finds it easier to just go. Also, during the day he's drinking water and this fills his bladder quicker so he maybe can't hold it as long. I would try to help him with training and just make sure he gets out to go potty on a more frequent basis and reward him with praise when he does go. During the day, I like to take them out every 3 to 4 hours at a max so they have less of a chance of accidents and the training is reinforced more.
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience: 15 years experience as a veterinarian dealing with dogs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank youfor both of your answers.....they were what I was thinking in both cases..but it is nice tohave it confirmed....thanks

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to have been of. Help Donna! Enjoy this young, ball of fun energy! Having a puppy is a lot of work, but it is all worth it!