Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years experience as a veterinarian dealing with dogs.

I love love my pappillion..he is 8 months old and digs all

I love love my pappillion..he is 8 months old and digs all the time..inside and out..out side he digs things up and eats them like worms !? do I nedd to do anything ?

Welcome. Are you concerned that he's going to get something parasitic from the worms that he's digging up and eating? Are you wanting to know what you need to do because of the eating of these worms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the worm eating while gross is not really the concern..I don't know if he is lacking something else either in his diet or is it a training problem or just a normal activity

The eating of the worms shouldn't be a problem as far as parasites go. You are correct in that it is more of a gross thing for owners to see. As far as his lacking something in his diet causing this, that isn't the case. The digging is a behavioral thing. This is actually something that can be pretty common for some dogs to do. They have lots of energy and for some, the expend it by digging. The best thing you can to do reduce this is to make sure he gets plenty of other play and walks to use up his energy in more productive ways. If he's playing and walking, he'll be tired and less likely to dig. Some need to get older to help with the digging too.
Hi Donna,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?