Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

What can you give a dog for s UTI or bladder infection

Customer Question

Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 10 days ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

How much does your dog weigh? Do you have any of these:

Antibiotics (list name and milligram strength)

Aspirin

Tramadol

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She might weigh 5lb maybe. I do have aspirin and tramadol. Bella is on pain medication called Galliorant

Okay, great. The galliprant will take care of the pain associated with the UTI. Do you not have any antibiotics?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Aspirin is325mg no antibiotics.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The vet had given her an antibiotic for her teeth. But I don't have anymore.

Okay. You cannot give aspirin when the dog is already on Galliprant. So, you don't have many options if you don't have any antibiotics. Your best bet is to keep giving the Galliprant and go to the pet store and buy some cranberry tablets for dogs... it can acidify the urine and help the UTI resolve without antibiotics. You would give them based on the label recommendations. Or, see your vet for antibiotics. But I would try the cranberry tablets first. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Are you there?

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 7 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bella. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 6 days ago.

Hi there... just checking in to see how Bella is doing... is she feeling better?