Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.
1- Do you know the type of chocolate (milk, dark, etc.)?
2- How many ounces or grams per cookie? (see label)?
3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Are you there?
Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Friend, chocolate toxicity and symptoms are very dose dependent. In this case, the amount of milk chocolate she ate could be life-threatening. This is what you can do:1- Move quickly and try to make her vomit. To induce vomiting give her 1/2 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally.2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.3- If she does not vomit after the 3rd dose or you do not see the chocolate in the vomit I would take her to the nearest ER vet and they can make her vomit with a medication called apomorphine and start her on a supportive care.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!
You're welcome. :)