Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 32 lb dog ate Lisinopril 10 mg tried for an hour to

Customer Question

My 32 lb dog ate Lisinopril 10 mg tried for an hour to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide with no success. He had also eaten before he ingested the pill. One and a half cups​ of dry food. He is acting normal so far.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gabbana
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gabbana?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, 10mg of Lisinopril will not be toxic to a 32 lbs. The lowest dose to cause hypotension in dogs is 27mg/kg. In this case, based on weight your dog took a dose of 0.6mg/kg; Gabbana will be fine, no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter