Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

I gave my dog a bath today. I didn't see anything crawling

Customer Question

I gave my dog a bath today. I didn't see anything crawling on her. But I FOUND what appears to be a tick on me. I couldn't kill it with any thing I tried to smash it with. Does ticks make you itch? Does it feel like something is crawling on yoy.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** was given to me around nov.2016. I have not seen anything crawing on her or her itching
JA: How old is sweetie?
Customer: I really don't know. She is a yorkie & has never been in heat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about sweetie?
Customer: Not that I can think of. The vet. gave her a pill that was to last for 3 months & it did
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to help you. I'm reviewing your question now and I will post back to you ASAP.

Sorry about the tick on you. That is "creepy". The itching may be psychological. It happens when we have bugs crawl on us.

If you notice red swelling on your body see your doctor. If it didn't attach it couldn't bite you.

As for Sweetie, does the pill you give her kill both fleas and ticks? If not, ask your vet for something that does. There are a few tick borne diseases like Lyme Disease and Ehrlichia that dogs get from fleas.

Ticks are more common as the weather warms up.

Does this Answer your question?

Any other questions? If not, kindly rate this answer.

Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 7 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Marta Lepes