Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Since yesterday my dog has not been able to turn to the

Customer Question

Since yesterday my dog has not been able to turn to the right or walk in a straight line.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She is not in any pain. I can rub her whole body. When we try to get her to turn fright. I.e. Offer her a treat on the right side she is unable to get it and will stumble trying to make it happen.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Snowball maltipoo just under 2 years. And is current with all vaccinations.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snowball?
Customer: I know she can see hear and see and that she is not in pain. We have to hold her tight to use so she can eat her food otherwise she chases it around.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 9 days ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Are her eyes moving abnormally?

Has she had any scratching of her ears, rubbing her face on the floor, etc?

Is she holding her head at an angle?

Is she standing with her feet further apart?