Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Towne and Country Animal Hospital
98621803

My 11 year old mini schnauzer who was previously in

Customer Question

My 11 year old mini schnauzer who was previously in excellent health, started to demonstrate fatigue after her routine vaccination. Within10 days, she developed severe vertigo and was taken to the vet again. They felt it was not terrible and would resolve spontaneously. The day after (today) she was not really better and had a sudden seizure. I again took her to the doctor and was given prednisone and meclizine. I gave her a dose upon arriving home and she just had another seizure.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the schnauzer's name?
Customer: Macy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Macy?
Customer: No. This came on suddenly. She had blood work which showed minor elevation of lipids and only a slight elevation in her BUN. The doctor indication that is was not significant and that she could schedule an appt. for her dental cleaning. All the doctors looking at her said she had a strong heart and looked much younger than her age. She would jump up on chairs in the office without issue. No sign of neurological changes until now. I initially did some neuro check on her but nothing showed significantly. Aside from head turning and falling to the left, she was ok.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Chelsea Schwarb replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. I would like to help answer your questions tonight. I would appreciate if you could return online within 15 minutes so I can help you. Thank you!