Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My mini haired dachshund is lethargic and if i put her on

Customer Question

My mini long haired dachshund is lethargic and if i put her on the floor she starts shaking. she keeps her tail between her legs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dachshund. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 2. We just moved to this house and there are a ton of fleas. i bathed my dogs with flea shampoo and put flea treatment on her over the weekend.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about BeBe?
Customer: She is the most beautiful dog in the world!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Bebe, please?

Regretfully, her symptoms of lethargy and shaking when on the ground are nonspecific and not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular problem. I might consider that she's reacting to the flea treatment, however. Which was used on her, please?