Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a retired greyhound (soon 12 years old) and noticed

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a retired greyhound (soon 12 years old) and noticed that one of her front legs (the lower half) is a little bit swollen. She is stiffer than usual and hesitated to walk down the stairs this morning. (We had blood work done on her a few days ago; part of a general check-up). Everything was normal). When she goes to the bathroom or sniffs grass outdoors, her legs are beginning to shake. Can you please advise what could be wrong? Kindly, Annika
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I felt through her paw a little bit this morning but she didn't react.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kindly, Annika?
Customer: Only that she is a retired greyhound
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 13 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Any chance of a trauma /injury or more activity in the past few days?

Is that swelling tender to the touch? Is it over the joint?

Any bony crunching?

Any sign of ticks?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.