Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 9 year old boxer and has been to vet a few weeks

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 9 year old boxer and has been to vet a few weeks ago and was treated with a uti/bladder infection. They found protein in his urine after he was done with antibiotic. he has an enlarged heart and is now coughing and has been
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Luke
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luke?
Customer: noticed this evening he seems bloated and his one back leg is swollen. i've seen some blood on the kitchen floor so was cleaning it up with clorox wipe and a greenish substance was also there. So, I looked at his pee pee area and it seems as if that's where he's bleeding
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 12 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has Luke had any diagnostics for his chest and heart? X-rays? Ultrasound? Is he receiving any heart meds?

When he urinates, is he passing obvious blood?