Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Goleo is a six year old German Shepherd police K9 who we

Customer Question

Goleo is a six year old German Shepherd police K9 who we acquired when Goleo was two years old. Goleo is in excellent health. The police K9 veterinary diagnosed a small growth as a wart which located on his inner thigh close to his penis. We have pictures of the growth which we can send and would appreciate a second opinion.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the German shepherd's name?
Customer: Goleo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goleo?
Customer: Nothing else - very active and he is in great shape.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I would very much like to see this "wart". You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you receive the picture of K9 Goleo's wart?

I haven't, no. Can you try again, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let us try again.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

This looks like a nipple. Is there another one on the other side of Goleo? If not, it's a very benign-looking growth of no concern.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just on one side. As a matter of fact, another small growth developed next to the original one - same type in texture.

Thank you. Observation without treatment is reasonable. This is a benign growth. It won't respond to conservative treatment. It would need to be surgically excised if it grew at an alarming rate (doubled in size within a few months, e.g.), or bothered Goleo or you. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?