Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My miniature pinscher has a black 'rash' on her inner thigh,

Customer Question

my miniature pinscher has a black 'rash' on her inner thigh, seems to be causing her some irriation. the doctor gave her some meds, but they don't seem to be doing anything. i'm looking for some other solution
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is Trouble & she's about 3 I think. She was a rescue dog, so we're not exactly sure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trouble?
Customer: She was given meds to avoid having seizures.Phenobarbital.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? What medications was Trouble prescribed?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am going to try adjusting her diet for hypothyroidism and see if that helps. Thanks for your reply. I am not interested in subscribing to this service, but I wish you much success. Thanks for caring for all the pets! ;-)
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome.