Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Towne and Country Animal Hospital
98621803

She's 15 yo just lost her ability to get up or stand steady

Customer Question

She's 15 yo just lost her ability to get up or stand steady even when we help her. She was diagnosed with lymphoma, has had a couple days on Prednisone and we are wondering if chemo is a good option for her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help She 's. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about She 's?
Customer: Teddie has arthritis, and had had a bad bout with Lyme's, but the blood tests have just come back confirming lymphoma
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Chelsea Schwarb replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. I would happy to help answer your questions. I am very sorry that Teddie has been diagnosed with lymphoma.

Please let me know when you are back online so I can do my best to help you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Dr Schwarb, after leaving my question, I spoke with the vet treating Teddie and we decided that we should end her suffering and not opt for chemo tharapy in her severely weakened state. Thank-you for your kind attention.

I am so sorry to hear that. That is always such a difficult decision to make as a pet owner. Our pets are very much a part of our families and it is so heartbreaking when we have to say goodbye to them. I do agree with your veterinarian though as Teddie sounds like she was getting very sick.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that all of your happy memories of Teddie bring you comfort during this difficult time for you and your family.

Sincerely,
Dr. Schwarb

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was under the impression that I could ask a question and get a reply for $5. As we were pressed to decide, I reached a vet and discussed the prospects, and decided to end her suffering. It seems you did not understand my question, did not provide an answer and wish to charge me $28. I will agree to the original $5 offer. Thank you for you attention to our need, it will help support our tough decision.

I understand your concerns and I will notify the site's moderator. I apologize that you did not get a timely response earlier this evening. Different doctors log on at different times and are not scheduled in shifts to be logged on. I cannot help you with the financial aspect as I am not in control of that, but I will contact the moderator to assist you further. Thank you.