Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is only 3 years the vet was diagnosed renal failure,

Customer Question

My dog is only 3 years the vet was diagnosed renal failure
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Poncho
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Poncho?
Customer: He was prescribed antibiotics he's urinating a lot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I need to see how renal failure was diagnosed. Can you upload a copy of all of Poncho's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but his vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He was prescribed antibiotics is urinating a lot

Yes, I saw that you posted that earlier. I need to see the test results that were used to diagnose renal failure, please.